Sunday, June 5, 2011

What got me taking pictures?

So I was thinking about what got me started on photography, what got me taking pictures? All I could think about was one individual and one simple photograph that got me started on my photo taking frenzy. This very special individual is my best friend whom I miss very much at this moment since I am dedicating a blog post to him :) now I know what your all thinking...who is this prince charming that got me to take pictures so much 5ish years ago? beleive me its not what you would expect, this very special individual who is my most faithful and trusted companion is, my DOG! Yep! haha had you going there didn't I? yes its true, ever since I got "Lego" I have been filling memory cards on cameras and taking up computer space. My mom used to go through her camera and scold me for taking so many pictures of the dog.

One picture I took of him really set me on my journey to becoming a photographer. There is a story behind this photo, though its not very long. I took this photo my sophomore year of high school. The story is that me and my mom where headed to the high school to drop me off with my team so we could head off on a bus to a cross country meet. I put my duffel bag in the back seat and me and my mom sat up front. We often take Lego with us where ever we go because he loves to go places. Just before setting off we looked back to see Lego curled up on top of my duffel with a look that says "don't go." It was so funny and adorable I had to take a picture, and ever since it has been one of my favorite photographs.




1 comment:

  1. Chelsea!!! This is incredible. Such a good picture of Lego. I'm glad it started your journey of photography, because you are an incredible photographer!

    ReplyDelete